Effective Date: Jul 15, 2020
Last Updated: October 05, 2023
- 1. The information we collect
- Information you provide to us
- Information we collect automatically
- Information we receive from other sources
- 2. How we use your information
- 3. How we disclose your information
- 4. Data retention
- 5. How to control your privacy
- 6. International data transfers
- 7. Information for Users in the EEA, United Kingdom, Switzerland, and Brazil
- 8. Information for Users in Certain U.S. States
- 10. Contact us
1. The information we collect
We collect certain information when you use PaidTabs. This includes information you provide to us, information we collect automatically, and information we receive from other sources.
Information you provide to us
- Account information. When you create a PaidTabs account, you can come up with a username and password, and provide a way of contacting you (such as an email address and/or phone number). You’ll also might need to provide your birthday. In some cases, you may be required to verify your account or provide additional information (like a verified phone number) to your account. You also have the option to add your name or username.
- Content you create. This includes any content that you upload to the service. For example, you may write messages or posts (including drafts), send voice messages, create custom emojis, create short recordings of GoLive activity, or upload and share files through the services. This also includes your profile information and the information you provide when you created your account.
- Payment information. If you buy any paid services through PaidTabs, you may need to submit a valid payment method and associated billing information, including your full name and billing address. Our payment processors, like Stripe and PayPal, receive and process your payment information. Depending on the processor, we may also receive and store certain billing information, including the last four digits of the credit card number associated with the transaction. If you sell something through PaidTabs, you may be required to provide additional information to our payment processors, such as bank account information to facilitate payments and copies of government issued identification required to identify users in accordance with regulatory obligations. If we decide to process our own payments in the future, we would receive and process this information ourselves
- Information from actions you take. We collect information about your use of PaidTabs and your activities on the services. This includes the social media link, preferred transcription genres, WhatsApp phone number and payout payment information. You can control whether you add these information or not. You can delete this information anytime you want.
Information we collect automatically
We also collect information automatically from you when you use PaidTabs. This includes:
- Information about your device. We collect information about the device you are using to access the services. For example, this includes information like your IP address, operating system information, browser information, and information about your device settings.
- Information about your use of the apps or websites.For example, we collect log and event information related to how and when you use our services (such as the pages you visit, the activities you engage in, or the embedded content you interact with).
- Other information that we collect automatically. When you take certain actions on other sites, we may receive information about you. For example, when we advertise for PaidTabs on third party platforms, if you click on the ad, we may receive information about which ad you saw and on which platform. Similarly, we may also receive certain information when you click on a referral link, such as which website you came from.
- We may receive information from cookies (small text files placed on your computer or device) and similar technologies. First-party cookies are placed by us (and our third-party service providers) and allow you to use the services and to help us analyze and improve your experience and the services. You can control cookies as described in the “How to control your privacy” section below. The services use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are required for services to function and to meet our legal obligations. If you try to use tools to disable these cookies, parts of the services may not work properly.
- Functional Cookies: These help us provide enhanced functionality on the services like remembering language preferences. Disabling these could affect some service functionality.
- Performance Cookies: These allow us or our third-party analytics providers to learn how you and others use and engage with the services so we can understand and improve them.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, including from other users and third parties, and combine that information with the other information we have about you. For example, if you interact with our social media account on another platform, we may receive certain information about you like your username on that platform.
2. How we use your information
We use your information for the following purposes:
To fulfill our contract with you
- To provide you with the services. We use your information to provide you with the PaidTabs services. For example, when you start a chat with other users, we process your images and your display name to make that work. We similarly collect and store the messages you send and display them as you direct. We also use the information you provide to us to create and manage your account and to facilitate purchases.
- To meet our commitments to the PaidTabs community. We work hard to try to make PaidTabs a safe, positive, and inclusive place. To do so, we use your information to monitor for and take action against users and content that violate our Terms of Service, Community Guidelines, and other policies. This includes responding to user reports, generating transcriptions of content as part of our investigation, detecting fraud and malware, and proactively scanning attachments and other content for illegal or harmful content. We also use certain information, which may include content reported to us, content that violates the Terms, and certain other content widely available on the service (such as usernames, avatars, banners and user profiles), to create systems and models that can be automated to more swiftly detect, categorize, and take action against prohibited content or conduct.
- To contact you. We use your information to contact you in connection with your account, such as to verify or secure it. We may also use your information to contact you about important product or policy changes and to send you information about products you have purchased.
- To provide customer service. We use your information to respond to your questions about our products and services, and to investigate bugs or other issues.
For our legitimate business interests
- To protect our services. We use information to keep our services secure, to prevent misuse, and to enforce our Terms of Service and other policies against users who violate them.
- To report on our company’s performance. We use your information to track the fundamental metrics of our business, to perform financial reporting, to respond to regulatory obligations, and to debug billing issues.
- To personalize the product. We use your information to personalize our services. This information powers our discovery surfaces (so that you see relevant content).
- To provide customer service. We use your information to respond to your questions about our products and services, and to investigate bugs or other issues.
- To improve our services. We use your information to help us understand how users interact with our services, what features or products users may want, or to otherwise understand and improve our services.
- To advertise our services on PaidTabs and other platforms. We are proud of the product we've built. We may tell you about our paid services and other features directly in the services and through our own channels, and we spend money advertising PaidTabs on other platforms. As part of that, we use certain information to assist in the delivery of our advertising, to measure the effectiveness of advertisements for our own products, and to improve such advertisements in the future.
- To contact you. We may use your information to let you know about new products or features we think you’ll like. You may opt-out of receiving such marketing communications. Where local law requires, we will obtain your consent before sending such communications.
To comply with our legal obligations
We retain and use your information in connection with potential legal claims when necessary and for compliance, regulatory, and auditing purposes. For example, we retain information where we are required by law or if we are compelled to do so by a court order or regulatory body. Also, when you exercise any of your applicable legal rights to access, amend, or delete your personal information, we may request additional information from you for the purpose of confirming your identity.
With your consent
We may also collect and use personal information with your consent, such as to send you marketing communications where legally required. You can revoke your consent at any time (mostly through our services directly), though note that you might not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of that personal information.
To protect someone’s vital interests
We may collect or share personal data if we think someone’s life is in danger—for example, to help resolve an urgent medical situation.
3. How we disclose your information
- When you tell us to. When you add your content to the services, you are telling us to make that content available to certain people or communities. Who can access that information is determined by who can access a particular space. We may provide certain information to that service or to other PaidTabs users to operate that service or feature. Additionally, if you purchase goods or services from other users on PaidTabs, we may disclose certain information to these users in order to facilitate the delivery of the goods or services purchased or help them understand and improve their business. We may also disclose your information as you otherwise instruct us or provide us your consent to do so.
- With our vendors. We may provide information to vendors we hire to carry out specific work for us. This includes payment processors like Stripe and PayPal that process transactions on our behalf and cloud providers like Google that host our data and our services. We may also provide limited information to advertising platforms to help us reach people that we think will like our products and to measure the performance of our ads shown on those platforms. We do this to help bring more users to PaidTabs and make our business successful, and provide only the information required to facilitate these services. This may include information like the fact that you installed our app or registered to use PaidTabs.
- To comply with the law. We may disclose information in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is required by law, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements. Where allowed and feasible, we will attempt to provide you with prior notice before disclosing your information in response to such a request. Our Transparency Report has additional information about how we respond to requests from governments and law enforcement entities.
- In an emergency. We may disclose information if we believe in good faith that it's necessary to prevent serious harm to a person.
- To enforce our policies and rights. We may disclose information if needed to enforce our Terms of Service, Community Guidelines, or other policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and others.
- Sale, Acquisition, or Transfer of Assets. We may disclose information if PaidTabs is evaluating and/or engaging in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or sale, transfer, or change in ownership of PaidTabs or any of its assets.
- Aggregated or de-identified information. We may disclose information that has been aggregated or anonymized such that it cannot reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may share aggregated user statistics in order to describe our business to partners or the public.
4. Data retention
We retain personal information for as long as it is needed for the purposes for which we collected it. In general, this means that we retain your personal data for as long as you have an active PaidTabs account. Some information you can delete directly from the services.
We will retain and use Your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
5. How to control your privacy
We believe that users should be able to tailor their PaidTabs experience to their preferences, including privacy. And while local laws may require different things, we believe that our users should have at least the same basic ability to shape their experience no matter where they are in the world. Here’s how you can control how we process your information, how to delete or correct certain information, and how to request access to your information. Users in certain places may have specific rights under their local laws. You can learn more about these in the relevant sections below.
- Be aware of the PaidTabs spaces you choose to participate in You can choose what communities to participate in and what information you add to our services. You can choose who to engage with (e.g., one or more particular users), what information to include in your profile.
- Disable or delete your account. You can disable or delete your account via the User Settings menu. Disabling your account stops the processing of new data, but allows you to reactivate your account without interruption to you. Deleting your account permanently deletes identifying information and anonymizes other data you provided to us.
- You may update, amend, or delete your information at any time by signing in to Your Account, visiting the account settings section that allows you to manage your personal information. You may also contact us to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
- We may need to retain certain information when we have a legal obligation or lawful basis to do so.
- Manage your content and servers
You may edit or delete specific pieces of information within the services:
- You can edit or delete any message you have sent or content you have posted if you still have access to the space where you posted it.
- You can edit or delete Payout information, Username, Social Media Links, Preferred Transcription Genres, Phone Number and disable Notifications.
- Access your information
If you want to see what information we have collected about you, you can request a copy of your data. You should receive your data packet within 30 days. Data is delivered in common digital formats including CSV, JSON, and any other file format you used when uploading attachments to the services. Help Center.
To control how information is collected and used from cookies on the services, you can take one or more of the following steps.
- You can disable and manage some cookies through your browser settings. You will need to manage your settings for each browser you use. You can find instructions for how to manage Cookies in popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari (iOS), Safari (Mac), and Opera.
- To disable analytics cookies, you can use the browser controls discussed above or, for certain providers, you can use their individual opt-out mechanisms, such as Google Analytics Opt-Out.
- Depending on where you are accessing our services, you may be able to adjust your cookie preferences at any time through a cookies banner or by selecting “Cookie Settings” from the footer or menu on our website.
If you disable or remove cookies, some parts of the services may not function properly. Information may be collected to remember your opt-out preferences.
Questions or concerns about your privacy? You can email us at [email protected]
6. International data transfers
- We are based in Sweden, and we process and store information on servers located in the United States. We may also store information on servers and equipment in other countries depending on a variety of factors, including the locations of our users and service providers. These data transfers allow us to provide our services to you. By accessing or using our services or otherwise providing information to us, you understand that your information will be processed, transferred, and stored in the U.S. and other countries, where different data protection standards may apply and/or you may not have the same rights as you do under local law.
7. Information for Users in the EEA, United Kingdom, Switzerland, and Brazil
Certain local laws, such as the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Brazil’s Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados (LGPD), require services to provide information about the information they collect, how they use it, and the lawful basis for processing it. We’ve described most of that already in the earlier portions of this Policy.
Exercising your rights: As described in the “How to control your privacy” section above, all our users have control over their information and can directly edit or delete information from their account and limit what data we process. If you are located in certain regions, including the European Union, you may have additional rights that you can exercise through the PaidTabs app directly or by contacting us:
- Right of access to your personal data
- Right to rectify your personal data if they are incorrect
- Right to erase your personal data
- Right to limit the processing of your personal data
- Right to the portability of your personal data
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent. Withdrawing consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before withdrawal.
If you have any questions about these rights or wish to exercise control over your information, please reach out to [email protected].
8. Information for Users in Certain U.S. States
Exercising your rights: As described in the “How to control your privacy” section above, all our users have control over their information and can directly edit or delete information from their account and limit what data we process. If you are a resident of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, or Virginia, you may have additional rights that you (or, in certain states, an authorized agent acting on your behalf) can exercise through the PaidTabs app directly (as described above) or by contacting us, including the right to:
- More information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected and disclosed for a business purpose in the last 12 months
- Access and/or receive a copy of certain personal information we hold about you
- Correct certain of your personal information
- Delete certain personal information we hold you
- Receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you, if any
- Opt out of the processing of your personal information for purposes of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects, if applicable
You also have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising your rights. You may also have the right to opt out of “sales” of your information and “sharing/processing of your information for targeted advertising.” We do not sell the personal data of our users or share personal data for targeted advertising purposes.
Certain information may be exempt from the requests above under applicable law. For example, we need to retain certain information in order to provide our services to you. We also need to take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request. If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on a user’s behalf (where permitted), we may require proof of your written authorization before processing the request. Depending on applicable law, you may have the right to appeal our decision to deny your request.
If you have any questions about these rights, wish to exercise them, or request an appeal, please reach out to us at [email protected].
Additional Information for Users in California
In addition to the rights described above, consumers residing in California are afforded the right to certain additional information with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act or (“CCPA”). If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
Our collection and use of personal information:
We collect the following categories of personal information: identifiers (such as your username, the email address you used to sign up, and your phone number if you’ve chosen to provide it); commercial information (a record of what you’ve bought from PaidTabs, if anything); financial data (payment information and your history of purchases from PaidTabs); internet or other network information (how you interact with the application); location information (because your IP address may indicate your general location); inference data about you (for example, what content you may be interested in); and other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you. For more information about what we collect and the sources of such collection, please see the “The information we collect” section above. To the extent we collect or use sensitive personal information as defined by law (such as the CCPA), we do so in accordance with applicable legal requirements, and we do not use or disclose it other than for purposes for which there is not a right to limit under the CCPA.
We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in “How we use your information” above.
Disclosure of personal information:
We may share your personal information with third parties as described in the “How we disclose your information” section above. We disclose the categories of personal information mentioned above for business or commercial purposes.
No sale or “share” of personal information:
The CCPA sets forth certain obligations for businesses that sell or “share” personal information. We do not sell or share the personal information of our users as defined in the CCPA. We do disclose certain information as outlined in the “How we disclose your information” section above and you can make choices with respect to your information as outlined in this policy.
We retain personal information as described in the “Data retention” section above and in our data retention policy.
California’s “Shine the Light” law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information (as defined in the Shine the Light law) with third parties, as defined under applicable law, for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third-parties for their own direct marketing purposes.